Laid back, fun, and full of personality; that’s the spirit of the trend of mismatched bridesmaids outfits. Gone are the days where Brides impose one style on all of their BFF’s, and gone are the days where a full length gown is the ‘in’ thing. Perhaps you’re the type of bride whose friends don’t buy into traditional wedding norms, or even traditional gender norms, and would prefer that they wear what makes them comfortable and happy.
However, mismatched doesn’t necessarily stipulate a lack of planning- many brides still have a final vision in mind, based around colours, lengths, or general feel. I would suggest that if you would like to try this trend, you should try to keep one thing the same- a sort of independent variable. This can be the length of dresses (“you can wear whatever colours and necklines you like as long as they are full length gowns”), the colour (“you can wear any type of outfit as long as it is duck egg blue”), or even something like print (“just make sure it’s polka dot, and i’m down with it!”).
Here are my top 10 favourite mismatched bridesmaids looks from REAL WEDDINGS
1. VINTAGE DIY WEDDING IN MARYLAND: DIVINITY + MEEKAEL
2. RAINY EARTH DAY WEDDING: KATIE + RYAN
3. ANNA + JAMES’ LAID BACK DAY
4. SIAN + JASON’S COLOURFUL 50’S DO
5. STERLING + SHAYLA’S GRECIAN ROMANCE
6. BOHO BRIDAL SHOWER
7. HUNTER VALLEY WEDDING WITH GEORGIA + NICK
8. A MID WINTER’S NIGHTS DREAM WEDDING: MIA + GUILLERMO
9. PETRA + MARC’S CHIC PICNIC WEDDING IN SANTA BARBARA
10. MOROCCAN-MEDITERRANEAN KORAKIA PENSIONE WEDDING: GABBY + ALEX